Benefits of Grateful Living
One of the world’s greatest storytellers, Greek fabulist Aesop, may have summed it up best – “gratitude turns what we have into enough.”
Being grateful overwhelms us with a feeling of thankfulness towards others and the world around us. At the most basic level, being grateful can bring a smile to our face and those we appreciate. But there is a difference between being grateful, which is an individual transactional experience, and grateful living.
Grateful living is the active approach to life where daily experiences are framed within a lens of gratitude. The choice to live a grateful life is often made from several different perspectives, including religious or holistic viewpoints. But now, science has put forth proven benefits that everyone can enjoy if they too choose to live gratefully including:
- Living longer.
- Being happier.
- Being healthier.
- Improving sleep.
- Becoming friendlier.
- Higher energy levels.
- Increasing optimism.
- Feeling more relaxed.
- Making more friends.
- Stronger relationships.
- Increasing self-esteem.
- Increasing spiritualism.
- Improving productivity.
- Becoming more likable.
- Making better decisions.
- Personality development.
- Reducing feelings of envy.
- Making happier memories.
- Improving career prospects.
- Strengthening positive emotions.
- Improving emotional intelligence.
Grateful living, like many other behaviors, requires continuous, conscious practice. Luckily, because being grateful has so many positive benefits, developing a “gratitude attitude” is an enjoyable experience.
How can you begin grateful living?
Begin each morning thankful for the opportunities the new day presents. Thank as many individuals as you can throughout the day when they have helped you make your day even just the slightest bit better. And end the day thinking of a few people, things, or experiences you are grateful for having in your life.
The ways to lead a grateful life are as numerous and varied as the benefits you will enjoy. Starting right now will help you realize those benefits, while also adding a little positivity into the world around you.
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- 7 Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Seniors You Care About
- Ways to Get the Best Health Care
- Adapt Your Home for Safe Mobility
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets