Best Nutrition Apps
Your smartphone is a valuable tool that can help you track calories, monitor your intake, and follow a diet targeted to your specific needs. Eating well and exercising regularly are two of the best things you can do to extend your life. Staying active throughout your senior years reduces the risk of many common health conditions including heart disease, cancer and even Alzheimer’s.
Stay on top of your health and improve your diet with these helpful nutrition apps!
Meal-planning saves you money and helps you reach your fitness goals; the next time you go to the grocery store, you will be able to buy the freshest ingredients for healthy recipes thanks to the Shopwell app.
Scan the barcode of items and you’ll receive a breakdown of its nutritional content. After you checkout, you can take a photo of your receipt to get a full breakdown of how your purchase ties into your overall diet.
If you’re keeping careful track of your diet, it can be a hassle writing down everything. Simplify the process with You Ate by snapping a photo of your plate. Fitness goals become tied to your mental health and emotional wellbeing through a journaling feature. This app is also helpful if you tend to skip meals or forget to eat.
If you have IBS or another gastrointestinal condition, FODMAP is a valuable tool. The FODMAP plan involves avoiding foods with certain carbohydrates to reduce irritation and inflammation. In addition to listing different food ingredients with their FODMAP rating, the app also provides healthy recipes and a journal.
Are you a vegan or interested in following a vegan diet? This app will help! Live Up! is packed full of yummy planet-based recipes that are also perfect for people who are gluten-free or lactose intolerant. Plant-based diets are renowned for being the healthiest, and they have even been shown to improve symptoms of major depression.
Following a healthy diet has never been easier or more fun thanks to technology. Keep these apps on your phone to follow through with your fitness goals and stay motivated.
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- 7 Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Seniors You Care About
- Ways to Get the Best Health Care
- Adapt Your Home for Safe Mobility
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets