Things We Are Grateful for This Year
There is no denying it. The last couple of years have been difficult for everyone. A global pandemic has gripped the globe, politics have become ever more divisive, and the economy struggles to return to normal.
As we prepare to turn the calendar forward in a few short weeks, now is a good time to reflect on those things we are most grateful for this year.
But, considering the gravity of events each of us has endured in the past twenty-four months, it seems more prudent to take a step back, slowly take a deep breath, and open ourselves up to the sheer wonderment of humankind.
Let me explain.
It is often said one’s happiness is directly proportionate to one’s gratefulness. Navigating the world from a place of appreciation and humility allows our hearts to fill with unwantedness.
A quick online search of what you should be grateful for will produce links to lists that stretch hundreds of bullet points deep. Most contain the obvious answers such as a roof over your head, drinkable water, food on the table, good health, etc.
And while each list has its own merit, there are two things to be specifically grateful for this year most of us certainly take for granted.
Just being alive – The probability of being alive is almost too minuscule to comprehend. In fact, the odds of any one of us existing at all is nearly zero. To help us understand how truly remarkable our life on this planet is, Dr. Ali Binazir used the following analogy:
Imagine there was one life preserver thrown somewhere in some ocean and there is exactly one turtle in all these oceans, swimming underwater somewhere. The probability that you came about and exist today is the same as that turtle sticking its head out of the water — in the middle of that life preserver. On one try!
Friends and family being alive – If there could be anything more astonishing than simply being alive, it would being able to enjoy your life surrounded by the ones you love. So, the second thing to be grateful for this year is our friends and family for without them, life would have little meaning.
What are you grateful for this year? We would love to hear your thoughts as there truly is so much to be thankful for.
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- 7 Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Seniors You Care About
- Ways to Get the Best Health Care
- Adapt Your Home for Safe Mobility
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets