I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
So, you finally went ahead and applied for that life insurance policy your significant other has been bugging you about for the better part of your relationship. You found a great insurance company with competitive rates and submitted your application.
But, a few days later you learn your application was denied. Now what?
It is important to know insurance companies can deny coverage for a variety of reasons such as:
Health – Underwriters may decline coverage if certain health targets are not met or if you suffer from any chronic conditions.
Hobbies – Dangerous activities including skydiving, free diving, or automobile racing may disqualify you from coverage.
Records – If you have a bad driving record or criminal background, coverage could be declined if it is believed you engage in high-risk activities.
Financial – Insurers could use your credit score as a determining factor in whether coverage will be offered.
Occupation – Even if you are a healthy individual, some occupations including such as firefighters, pilots, or farmers may result in a declination.
Regardless for the reason of declination, there are steps you can take to secure the life insurance coverage your family needs.
Step #1 – Contact the insurance company and learn the reason why a declination occurred. From there, make sure they have all the correct facts. Insurers may decline coverage when they do not have clarity about the individual seeking insurance.
Step #2 – If the reason for declination is valid, reach out to us. Unlike going direct to one company or applying via a website, independent agents like work on your behalf and can shop your story in the marketplace.
If, after both steps and been tried but coverage still cannot be found, work on resolving any controllable issues. For example, if you engage in high-risk activities, take a break until an insurance company will consider you. Or, if you have health concerns, work with a physician to help you present more favorably to the insurer.
Life insurance is one of the most important coverages you will ever purchase. Not because it protects you, but those who depend on you most.
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- 7 Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Seniors You Care About
- Ways to Get the Best Health Care
- Adapt Your Home for Safe Mobility
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets