Post Pandemic Travel Tips
As much as we want to, the year 2020 will not soon be forgotten. But with the one of the most extraordinary years behind us, many are looking forward to traveling and exploring this great world of ours once again.
The pandemic has changed our lives forever and in doing so has also changed how travel plans will play out for years to come. Before you book your next vacation, make sure you add the following 7 steps to your travel checklist.
Avoid Crowds – Some of the most popular destinations may be worth avoiding until the pandemic is further in our rearview mirror. Not only are contagions more likely to be passed between one another in a crowded space, but higher capacity locales are also more likely to be closed or temporarily shut down if there is a local coronavirus outbreak.
Ask an Expert – If you are a do-it-yourself travel planner, you may want to contact a travel expert for your next trip. Travel advisors can keep you informed of changes in travel guidelines, the openness of tourist destinations, and alternative options should your original plans fall through.
Travel Insurance – Before the pandemic, travel both domestically and internationally was relatively routine. However, at a moment’s notice, your flight, cruise, or destination accommodations could shut down. Travel insurance can protect your hard-earned dollars from sudden change in travel restrictions.
Bring a Hygiene Kit – Every destination will have different requirements for providing visitors with personal protection and cleaning standards. Don’t leave your health to chance and bring your own hygiene kit with masks, disinfectants, and sanitizer.
Check Travel Advisories – Immediately after booking your trip, sign up for travel advisory notices with your airlines, accommodation, and destinations you plan on visiting including restaurants, public spaces, and attractions.
Look for (really good) Deals – Any company serving tourists is desperate for your business. Look for deep discounts for everything from airfare to dining, attractions to accommodations. You will save money while also supporting businesses in need.
Confirm Cancellation/Change Policies – Before booking any part of your travel plans, check the change and cancellation policies. While many companies, such as the airlines, have loosened their rules, others have tightened up considerably. Knowing you have flexibility in your plans will help reduce the stress of navigating any changes.
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- 7 Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Seniors You Care About
- Ways to Get the Best Health Care
- Adapt Your Home for Safe Mobility
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Best Nutrition Apps
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Factors that Affect Health and Life Insurance Coverage
- Thanksgiving: 4 Contactless Ways to Give Back
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets